Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Sakende yaru ze ^__^

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't seen the Japanese version of this but I've heard the name for a while. (I'm pretty sure there's an audio drama out there with Seki Tomokazu (Chichiri/Van Fanel/Shuichi) as the father character... either that or it's such an obvious piece of casting that it SHOULD have been done! ^^; [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Anyway, about the English translation: I Will Shout is kind of literal, as much as anything stating a future tense in Japanese can be, but I think for the purposes of this story "I'm Gonna Scream!" works better. ^_^;; I'm betting the original line about "if you want to scream, go ahead and scream" went something to the effect of "sakende'tai nara [or toki], sakende yaru ze". It's one of those unspecified subject impersonal statements about the universe that could be translated either as a generic "you" (as above) or as "I" (since it's his personal motto). And if you just take the last bit of it in or out of context, you get the sheer frustration -- generally the -yaru suffix is used for either things given to inferiors (kids/dogs) or things DONE TO inferiors (i.e. 'I'm gonna pound your @$$ into the pavement punk' types of statements). When put with the screaming verb, it just gets across this mental image of hands-clutched-in-hair howling outrage/frustration, which definitely seems like the setup the poor dad's going to be walking into between the seme hot for his tail at work and the not-quite-in-laws from hell... ^_~

    Anyway, what do y'all think of "I'm Gonna Scream!" as an English rendition of it?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kamitoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd go with "I wanna scream!"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I go with the I wanna scream version and OOOOOOOH thankies! thankies!! thankies!!! for doing this I adore this but I can only understand about 50% of the Japanese at the moment and as a result I am utterly frustrated.

    its not explicit in yaoi terms but there is something very sexy about the art and the story is just so gentle and sweet and perfect.

    its one of my favourite at the moment so when I read you are going to do this I did a little dance on the spot.

    I'd help with the scanning only I am in between houses at the moment and all of my life is in cardboard boxes [img]tongue.gif[/img] (moving from London to mother in law and then to new home in Glastonbury )

    but if you still need scanners in about 2 months I will be happy to help - I got all 5 volumes in Japanese [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Eek! You've got the manga? *_____* I'd love you forever if you could help scan for us, because right now we're completely devoid of any scanners. Our scanner for book 1 left us when she went on vacation and now I'm not sure where she is right now. All her email accounts are bouncing. ;__; *huggies Lamasu*

    "I'm Gonna Scream" sounds great. ^^ I'm gonna keep the official title on the site as "I Will Shout" though, because I think that's what most people know the manga as (This title has been used on a couple English sites)...I will make sure to add in an extra note on the site with Risu's notes on the title though. ^^ (If that's okay with you, Risu!)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK - I am in [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I am totaly busy with moving a house at the moment as I said but will have some free time when I stay with the mother in law in a couple of weeks. I'll scan as much as I can then and then the rest when I move to my new home.

    I never scanned for a scanlation project before so is there anything I need to know about size and quality of images?

    let me know - I will be really really glad to help as much as I can.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Radine's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2003
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yippieee!! I really love sakende yaruze ^0^
    Thanks, thanks, thanks for willing to help s-c Lamasu! Hope we can get the next chapter up soon then ^^

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Lamasu! ^^ I'll PM you scanning tips tomorrow. ^^** (I'm dead tired right now and can't think clear enough for good tips) I have scans of the rest of book 1 (whew!) so I'll space them out while waiting. ~.^

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    behehehe, i read that lil note on pg 30. that was good, at first i was like what the hell kinda script is that, but then i got it...^_^

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Scarlets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just dropping by to say that i love sakende yaru ze!! ^_^

  10. #10
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the manga too XD I've never read a manga about seiyuus before ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •